[Haskell] Advert: Software Technology Master at Utrecht University

Andres Loeh andres at cs.uu.nl
Fri Mar 14 09:07:43 EDT 2008

Haskell enthusiasts looking for an interesting and challenging Master program
should consider the "Software Technology" program at Utrecht University.

The Master Program Software Technology studies techniques that are employed
in the production of software. We start from sound theoretical foundations,
with a strong focus on real applicability. The program includes courses on
programming methodology, programming formalisms (languages), programming
tools, software architectures, component based programming, specification
formalisms and verification techniques (correctness proofs, theorem
proving).

Almost all of our courses use Haskell as the main implementation
language, and we have many courses that are specifically targeted
at functional programmers such as "Implementation of Programming
Languages", "Advanced Functional Programming" and "Generic Programming".
Furthermore, we have regular seminars on topics such as "Type Systems",
"Dependently-Typed Programming", "Program Analysis" or "Advanced
Compiler Construction".

The Master Program is internationally oriented: the program is open to
foreign students, and courses are taught in English. Students have the
opportunity to follow courses and do projects at foreign universities and
institutes. The program caters for students with a desire to obtain a Ph.D.
position or a research position in a company, and for students who are
interested in jobs as software designer in industry. The program results in
a degree Master of Science in Computer Science. The program is offered by
the Center for Software Technology of the Institute of Information and
Computing Sciences at Utrecht University.

For more information, see

  http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/Master
  http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/Master/MasterCourses

--