[Haskell] Re: on starting Haskell-Edu, a new education-related Haskell-related mailing list

Sittampalam, Ganesh ganesh.sittampalam at credit-suisse.com
Fri Jul 11 10:04:22 EDT 2008

Dave Bayer wrote:

> I participate in various lists and
> various forums. That Haskell uses
> lists has crippled my participation
> here; I am quite sure I am not alone.
> Nabble and the like do not substitute
> for real forum software.

I'm sure you're not alone, but I'm equally sure that there are many
people like me whose participation would be crippled by any switch to a
forum. And I don't use an emacs mode for my email, nor have I written my
own Lisp.

Given the growth in traffic on haskell-cafe, perhaps offering a forum
*as well* would be a reasonable thing to do. There are now enough people
around that having multiple venues for discussion wouldn't be too