[Haskell] Re: Anglo Haskell 2008

Matthew Sackman matthew at wellquite.org
Mon Jul 7 11:38:28 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 01:15:31PM +0100, Matthew Sackman wrote:
> Anglo Haskell is a gathering of all people Haskell-related from
> beginners, to seasoned hackers to academic giants. All and more are
> welcomed by large fuzzy green lambdas.
>
> In contrast to the last two years which have been held at MSR Cambridge
> (UK), we're this year proposing to hold the event at Imperial College,
> London. London is probably easier to get to and from (though more
> tedious to get across) than Cambridge and we hope this will attract
> people who previously have not been able to get out to Cambridge.
>
> The proposed dates are Friday the 8th and Saturday the 9th of August.
>
> More details are available on the wikipage:
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/AngloHaskell/2008
> Please feel free to add to this page.

There have been no objections to holding Anglo Haskell at Imperial this
year and no objections about dates either. Thus we're now able to
confirm this will happen at Imperial on the 8th and 9th of August as
advertised.

Some people have signed up on the wiki page, please add your name if you
are able to come or are considering coming along. Also please make use
of the wiki page and #anglohaskell irc channel to arrange where to stay
overnight if necessary.

Finally, once again, if you'd like to give a talk then please add your
name to the list on the wiki page. We really do need both attendees and
speakers to make this event a success.

Matthew
--
Matthew Sackman