[Haskell] Announce: Yi 0.3

Jean-Philippe Bernardy bernardy at chalmers.se
Thu Jan 31 09:40:32 EST 2008

Hello folks,

I'm please to announce the 0.3 release of the Yi editor.

Yi is a text editor written and extensible in Haskell. The long-term goal
of the Yi project is to provide the editor of choice for Haskell programmers.
In the meantime, we have fun by hacking an editor in a decent language :)

Yi is not a finished product: this is a developer pre-release. However, Yi has
become a lot more accessible than previously, so if you consider hacking
on it, now might be a good time to take a look.

Features

    * A purely functional editor core;
    * Keybindings written as parsers of the input;
    * Emacs and Vim emulations provided by default;
    * Vty, Gtk2Hs?, and (experimental) Cocoa frontends;
    * Embedding of GHC API for quick hacks and configuration.

Links

    * release notes: http://code.google.com/p/yi-editor/wiki/ReleaseNotes0o3
    * download:
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/yi-0.3
    * FAQ: http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Yi/FAQ
    * homepage: http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Yi
    * API documentation: http://code.haskell.org/yi/doc/
    * check and report issues: http://code.google.com/p/yi-editor/issues/list
    * darcs repository: http://code.haskell.org/yi
    * get involved: mailto:yi-devel at googlegroups.com

This release is brought to you by:

Allan Clark, Andrew Birkett, Ben Moseley, Corey O'Connor, Daniel McAllansmith,
Fraser Wilson, Gustav Munkby, Gwern Branwen, Jean-Philippe Bernardy,
Jens Petersen, Massimiliano Gubinelli, Michael Maloney, Nicolas Pouillard,
Paulo Tanimoto, Scott Williams, Thomas Schilling.