[Haskell] Ancient, but still having fun

Thorkil Naur naur at post11.tele.dk
Sat Jan 19 05:31:55 EST 2008

Young Man,

On Saturday 19 January 2008 00:07, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> Friends,
>
> It's Friday 18 January 2008, which makes it my 50th birthday.

Congratulations!

> Ancient or not, I'm still having a terrific time in this community.  When I
first became addicted to functional programming, as a result of Arthur
Norman's 4-lecture course, and David Turner's SK-combinator papers, I never
dreamt of what a wild and fascinating ride it would turn out to be.

> Thank you all!
>
> Simon

Rest assured that there are many of us having a terrific time too. And not
least because of your in many ways fabulous presence.

Thank you Simon.

Best regards
Thorkil