[Haskell] Simulating client server communication with recursive monads

Jan Stranik janstranik at yahoo.de
Tue Jan 15 13:19:07 EST 2008

John,

Your change makes just the server function to return the same number that it
receives. My server implementation multiplied the incoming number by two.

My question was why does the output from writer shows first all output from
server, then followed by all output from client.  I would like to see output
from client and server to alternate in the order in which the computation
occurs, namely [server, client, server, client, server, client, .].

I know that for finite sequences, it is easily possible to reorder the
output from writer. However, it is not possible to reorder the output if the
sequence is infinite.  That can be seen in my example program if it is
modified by removing the statement "take 10". In that case the program never
prints output from clients, the output printer will be only from the server.

Jan