[Haskell] ANN: TagSoup 0.4

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 13:12:45 EST 2008

Hi,

I am pleased to release TagSoup 0.4, available (like all good
libraries) from hackage:
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/tagsoup-0.4.
For more details, including examples, read the manual:
http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/darcs/tagsoup/tagsoup.htm

TagSoup is a library for extracting information out of unstructured
HTML code, sometimes known as tag-soup. The HTML does not have to be
well formed, or render properly within any particular framework. This
library is for situations where the author of the HTML is not
cooperating with the person trying to extract the information, but is
also not trying to hide the information.

Version 0.4 fixes various space leaks, improves the interface, deals
with entities better etc. The API has changed somewhat, but should be
simpler overall - if I broke your code and you need help, email me.

TagSoup is used for writing Haskell Weekly News, processing biological
simulations, getting cooking recipies, optimising train fares, getting
a list of Simon Peyton Jones' papers, getting a hit count off
haskell.org and no doubt many other fun things.

Thanks

Neil