[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: multiset 0.1

Marnix Klooster Marnix.Klooster at infor.com
Tue Feb 12 07:37:54 EST 2008

Sebastian Setzer wrote on Thursday, 7 February, 2008 11:14:

> Am Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2008 02:43 schrieb Twan van Laarhoven:

> > A bit of criticism concerning the name: According to the
> > English Wikipedia,
> > multiset is a single word.  So the identifiers should be
> Multiset and
> > IntMultiset instead of MultiSet and IntMultiSet.  However, I
> > think it would
> > be even better to just use Bag and IntBag as identifiers.
> > Those are shorter
> > and maybe easier to remember.  After all, the term bag is
> > fairly standard.

> For users of C++ STL, Multiset is probably easier to remember.

Off-topic: For further discussion of bag terminology, see EWD786a
(http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~EWD/ewd07xx/EWD786a.PDF, transcript at
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~EWD/transcriptions/EWD07xx/EWD786a.html).

Groetjes,
 <><
Marnix
--
Marnix Klooster | Software Engineer, ERP LN Enterprise Server | Infor |
(+31 or 0)342-428511 | marnix.klooster at infor.com | Infor Global