[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Generic Haskell 1.80 (Emerald)

Adrian Hey ahey at iee.org
Mon Apr 21 17:14:47 EDT 2008

Thomas van Noort wrote:
>    Pleasant programming,

Hello,

This looks like good stuff. But having done all this work it seems
a pity not to go the extra mm and cabalise this and make it buildable
on all platforms (at least ghc supported platforms).

The reason I'm interested is this may be useful for the GSoC project
I'm mentoring..

  http://code.google.com/soc/2008/haskell/about.html

But as things are, I'd be unlikely to consider introducing a dependency
on this. Even if it built "out of the box" with cygwin (which it
doesn't BTW) I don't really think many windows users will be keen to
install cygwin and learn how to use it just so they can build GH.

Thanks
--
Adrian Hey