[Haskell] REMINDER: Next Hackathon (Hac4) starts in 4 days
nominolo at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 6 19:15:44 EDT 2008
Hi Haskell Hackers!
There are only 4 days left until the fourth Hackathon (http://
www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac4) at Chalmers University in
If you haven't registered, yet, please do so now!
Registration deadline: Tuesday, April 8, 2008
To register, go to http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac4/Register
and follow the steps.
For all those already registered, here's a short (not nearly
* Make sure you have an account on code.haskell.org. (See http://
www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac4/Projects for how to do that.)
* Decide what to work on if you haven't yet. (See http://
www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac4/Projects for ideas.)
* Make sure your laptop is working and that you take all required
extra equipment. (If your wireless driver sucks, we can probably
find some cables and a switch here.)
* It would be good to have all the code you want to work on already
on your computer. Also make sure it builds with your compiler
version. If your distro doesn't have binaries, maybe install some
software in advance, like Gobby or profiled versions of GHC, newest
version of gtk2hs or whatever seems appropriate. It would just be a
shame to waste hours of precious hacking time.
* Make a backup. Just in case. ;)
* Many hostels want a confirmation a few days before arrival, don't
* If you need some phone numbers of locals, check the wiki site, if
you need some more help from us locals, you can ask us at our IRC
We're looking forward to a fun weekend!
/ The Hac4 Team
More information about the Haskell