[Haskell] Image manipulation

Brent Yorgey byorgey at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 17:27:02 EDT 2007

On 10/29/07, Björn Wikström <listuser07 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi! I have lots and lots of images (jpegs) that I would like to
> manipulate and shrink (in size). They are around 5 Mb big, so I thought this
> would be a good Haskell project since it's a lazy evaluating language. The
> problem is that I can't find any libraries for image manipulation. Anyone
> who knows something that would interest me and maybe give me some advices?

Haskell is a wonderful language, so I hate to say this...but personally I
don't see the benefit of using Haskell here, unless the manipulations you
want to do are very complex.  Some simple shell (or
perl/python/ruby/whatever) scripts to glue together some calls to convert
(or possibly other ImageMagick utilities) ought to do the job just fine.

-Brent