[Haskell] Haskell binding to the LibTomCrypt library

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 16:24:24 EST 2007

Hello haskell,

as part of my archiver [1], i've made some FFI bindings to the
open-source, public license cryptographic library LibTomCrypt [2]

this currently includes
* AES, Blowfish, Twofish and Serpent encryption algorithms
* CTR and CFB streaming modes
* SHA-512 hash
* FORTUNE cryptographic random numbers generator
* PKCS5#2 password-based key derivation algorithm
but may easily be extended to everything else included in the
LibTomCrypt library

you may just download my sources and use it as is, but it will be a
real pain. Don Stewart suggested to cabalize the binding and upload
it to hackage as separate lib. i may do it if there are real users for
such package. for the supposed API look at [3], encryption API will be
essentially the same - using callbacks to read/write data.

because my program targeted to the same niche as winzip, the binding
provides almost the same service - i.e. ability to encrypt/decrypt
stream of data with password using cryptographically sound algorithms.
you will be able to use it like this:

encrypt "aes" password (hGetBuf infile) (hPutBuf outfile)
decrypt password (hGetBuf infile) (hPutBuf outfile)

if you need such library - please yell me. i will work on it only if
there will be enough real users

[1] http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=207033
[2] http://libtom.org
[3] http://www.haskell.org/bz/CompressionLibrary.htm