[Haskell] Haskell fast (?) arrays

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Wed May 2 05:23:05 EDT 2007

Federico Squartini wrote:
> Thanks for the hints. It's a pity that (as far as I know) no one has
> written a tutorial on those techniques, because I think it would be
> appreciated. Some of them are quite involved and learning them just by
> reading code is very time consuming.

There's the Performance section of the Haskell wiki:

   http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Performance

Some of the techniques are described there, but by no means all.  It's a good
place to put knowledge that you acquire while doing these experiments, though.

FWIW I vaguely recall there was a performance problem with initialising
IOUArrays that we haven't got around to fixing yet.  If you can narrow down the
test case, then please submit a bug report.

Cheers,
	Simon