[Haskell] Re: Building extra-libs (packages text, data, util, lang)

bft bfotsing at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 04:32:47 EDT 2007

2007/6/19, bft <bfotsing at gmail.com>:

> Hello
> I am trying to install FRUIT (Functional Reactive User Interface Toolkit -
> http://www.haskell.org/fruit/)

> I didn't succeed when building Greencard (2.03 or 2.05) because (I
suppose)
> the packages text, data, util, lang were not found with the
> ghc-6.6.1 haskell compiler.
> A part of the error generated is :
> "Glasgow Haskell Compiler, Version 6.6.1, for Haskell 98, compiled by GHC
> version 6.6.1
> Using package config file: /home/bfotsing/lib/ghc-6.6.1/package.conf
> Using package config file: /home/bfotsing/.ghc/i386-linux-6.6.1
/package.conf
> *** Deleting temp files:
> Deleting:
> *** Deleting temp dirs:
> Deleting:
> ghc-6.6.1: unknown package: text"

> I don't know where to get those packages or (maybe) how to build them
since
> I didn't find them in the ghc extra-libs (
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_661.html).

> Thanks for your help
> BFT

Hello
I commented the part of code concerned in order to ignore those options, and
the building failed again with this message :

Casm.lhs:479:13:
    Couldn't match expected type `GHC.Ptr.Ptr t'
           against inferred type `[Char]'
    In the first argument of `ptext', namely `"C_RETURN(nodeptr);"'
    In the second argument of `($$)', namely
        `ptext "C_RETURN(nodeptr);"'
    In the first argument of `ppBlock', namely
        `(((ccode $$ (ppAssign "nodeptr" pprResult)) $$ end)
        $$
          (ptext "C_RETURN(nodeptr);"))'
make[1]: *** [Casm.o] Erreur 1
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/bfotsing/gc-2.05/src »

Thanks for your help
BFT