[Haskell] arrow syntax with LaTeX

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Wed Jun 6 21:49:04 EDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2007 01:08 schrieben Sie:
> On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 12:51:18AM +0200, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> > I want to typeset Haskell code using arrow syntax with LaTeX in math
> > mode (using lhs2TeX and polycode.fmt).  However I don???t know how to
> > produce a nice LaTeX math mode equivalent for -<.  Does anybody have
> > an idea what to do at this point?
>
> I used this rather crude definition:
>
> %format -<      = "\Aapply "
> \newcommand{\Aapply}{\mathrel{-\!\!\!\!\prec}}

Thank you for this info.  However, this doesn’t look to nice since the right
part of -< is really big.  Meanwhile I came across \mapsfromchar from the
stmaryrd package and switched to the following definition:

    %format -< = "\mathrel{\relbar\mapsfromchar}"

This is not really the -< symbol but at least it comes close.  Maybe someone
should create \lefttailchar so that \mathrel{\relbar\lefttailchar} can be
used.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang