[Haskell] Building extra-libs

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 09:08:08 EDT 2007

FOTSING TALLA Bernard wrote:
> They are available in the 'extra libraries' distribution
> on http://haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_661.html
>    * ghc-6.6.1-src-extralibs.tar.bz2 (1.8 MB).
> I tried the arrows package and it failed with that message.

The version of Cabal shipped with 6.6.1 unfortunately isn't compatible with some
of those packages, so you have to either (a) get binary versions of the
libraries, presumably from the same place you got GHC, or (b) upgrade Cabal.

You can also get the sources for arrows from its darcs repository,
http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/arrows.  The current sources are compatible
again with the Cabal library in GHC 6.6.1.

Cheers,
	Simon