[Haskell] Nirvana

Taral taralx at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 15:12:55 EDT 2007

On 7/27/07, Andrzej Jaworski <himself at poczta.nom.pl> wrote:
> It offers first hand information that the usefulness of Haskell as programming language amounts
> exactly to 0. This is a big surprise for me. On the contrary, I think Haskell has been getting too
> expressive at the expense of fundamental issues left neglected like relatively weak module system.

I think you very much misunderstood what was being said. What Simon
appears to say (in my opinion, admittedly) is that Haskell pre-IO was
not useful. By adding selective unsafeness (IO, unsafe* functions),
Haskell is made into a significantly more useful programming language.

--
Taral <taralx at gmail.com>
"Please let me know if there's any further trouble I can give you."