[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Haskell Hackathon 07 II: Freiburg: Oct 5-7

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue Jul 17 01:54:01 EDT 2007

Hac 2007 II

Haskell Hackathon 2007 II
October 5-7, 2007
Freiburg, Germany

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac_2007_II

We are pleased to announce the 2nd Haskell Hackathon for 2007!

The event will be held over 3 days, October 5-7 2007, at the
University of Freiburg, in Germany, after ICFP.

The plan is to hack on serious Haskell infrastructure, tools, libraries
and compilers. To attend please register, and get ready to hack those
lambdas!

Code to hack on:

    * Hackage
    * Cabal
    * Porting foreign libraries
    * Bug squashing
    * You decide!

At the last Hackathon, in January at Oxford, resulted in:

    * Cabal, Hackage, Haddock improvements
    * Data.Binary and DeferedBinary libraries
    * GHCi debugger improvements
    * ghc-api interface from Emacs
    * Crypto lirbary improvments
    * A native Haskell 'tar' implementation
    * And more

And we hope to be similarly productive this time around.

Before you attend, do start  thinking and familiarising yourself with 1
or 2 projects you wish to work on, to ensure no wasted effort during the
Hackathon. A list of possible projects is available on the website

== Registration:

We ask that you register you interest. Follow the instructions on the
registration page:

    http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac_2007_II/Register

Once you've registered, do add your info to the attendees
self-organising page,

    http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac_2007_II/Attendees

if you are looking to share costs, or meet up prior to the hackathon,
with other attendees.

N.B. if you already expressed interest via the wiki, do confirm by
registering `officially' anyway.

== Important dates:

    Hackathon:                  October 5-7, 2007

== Organisers:

    Duncan Coutts
    Ian Lynagh
    Don Stewart