[Haskell] [Fwd: Re: Computer Language Shootout]

Andrzej Jaworski himself at poczta.nom.pl
Fri Jan 26 17:31:21 EST 2007

It would be enough to exhaustively analyse examples of the kind I gave:
single algorithm with fast non-Haskell implementation but very slow in
Haskell. The article describes laborious but unsuccessful attempt to
pinpoint what makes Haskell over 500 times slower than SML on a genetic
algorithm. 7 years have passed and nobody cares.

So, for those avoiding fundamental issues I would suggest stretching
imagination into successors of Wiki and consider something that starts as
automated online benchmarking. It could:
(1) initiate research that would answer the questions you asked me:-)
(2) introduce performance awareness through immediate feedback
(3) automatically collect test results
(4) feed databases with classified results and reusable code
(5) pinpoint bad solutions if combined with inductive database
(6) evolve into a mighty development platform if combined with prove system.
(7) in 20 years be referred as Haskell method...