[Haskell] WTO Principle

Rishiyur Nikhil nikhil at bluespec.com
Mon Jan 22 17:37:26 EST 2007

Re. Haskell Digest, Vol 41, Issue 3, Quotes of the Week:

>    * Eric: The Haskell [code] contains no redundancy. In fact, in all
>      the [Haskell] code I've written, in both production and play, each
>      idea is expressed once and only once. It is the Zen ideal of
>      perfect code. And thats never happened to me before.

You may also be interested in the following:

   "The real key to good programming is the Write Things Once or WTO
    principle: any violation of this principle means a replication
    that makes the program harder to understand and to maintain, and
    yields a potential source of bugs: modifying a copy without
    modifying the other ones."

    Gerard Berry, in The Esterel v5 Language Primer, June 5, 2000

Nikhil
Rishiyur S. Nikhil, Ph.D.,CTO    Email: nikhil at bluespec.com
Bluespec, Inc.                   http://www.bluespec.com
14 Spring St.                    Tel:  +1.781.250.2203
Waltham, MA 02451, USA           Cell: +1.617.359.0747