[Haskell] GHC/ Fortress -Parallel Computing

Jan-Willem Maessen Janwillem.Maessen at sun.com
Fri Feb 23 09:09:40 EST 2007

On Feb 23, 2007, at 5:33 AM, Stefan Aeschbacher wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2007/2/23, Jan-Willem Maessen <Janwillem.Maessen at sun.com>:

>> You'd be better off asking on one of the Fortress mailing lists (see
>> http://fortress.sunsource.net/; I suggest joining the discuss mailing
>> list and asking there).  Sadly, I'm in a little to deep to really do
>> the topic justice myself.  I know there are community members there
>> who are working on tutorial documents.
>
> Are these mailinglists active?

At least as active as, say, the Haskell mailing list in its first
five years or so!

In all seriousness, there's one open-source prototype language
implementation, which has been available for all of six weeks or so.
The lists have only been up for about four weeks.  If you post there,
I guarantee there will be a minimum of six times as many well-
informed Fortress implementors on the mailing list as you'll find here.

-Jan-Willem Maessen
  Project Fortress