[Haskell] Checking out the whole source tree

Thorkil Naur naur at post11.tele.dk
Tue Feb 13 02:38:46 EST 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 08:09, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> hoelz:
> > I recently checked out the X11 package from darcs.haskell.org, and I'd
> > like to check out more of the source from the darcs repository.  I'm
> > still unfamiliar with darcs; how do I check out the whole source tree?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rob Hoelz
> ... for GHC and a base set of libraries, you can get
> that source directly by following these instructions:
>     http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/GettingTheSources
> Other libraries and tools can be picked up as needed. You'll find
> links to these things on hackage,
> and on haskell.org's libraries page.
> -- Don

For Hugs, follow the instructions here:

You will need cvs instead of darcs, however. For Yhc, follow:

In each case, various tool are needed in case you wish to build the respective
tool, but they are mentioned in the instructions and at least I have managed
to fumble my way through.

There are additional Haskell implementations mentioned on

Best regards