[Haskell] Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.8.2

Benjamin L. Russell dekudekuplex at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 21:13:17 EST 2007

This fixed the problem, and on Windows XP
Professional, I was able to set GHCi to find .ghci in
%HOMEPATH%, which turned out to be c:\Documents and
Settings\<username>.

However, I would like to override this setting, and
either have GHCi look for .ghci in %HOME%, as opposed
to %HOMEPATH% (so that this value is not automatically
set by the OS), or to set %HOMEPATH% itself to be
c:\home.

However, when I go to the Control Panel, then to the
System applet, then to the Advanced tab, then click on
the Environment Variables button, and then create an
environmental variable called "HOMEPATH" (either local
or global), this setting does not override the default
setting for this environmental variable, and GHCi
still looks for .ghci in the default location
(c:\Documents and Settings\<username>).

Does anybody know how to cause GHCi to look for .ghci
in c:\home?

Benjamin L. Russell

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ntcmds_shelloverview.mspx