[Haskell] Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.8.2

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Mon Dec 17 20:08:50 EST 2007

I wrote,
> Ian Lynagh wrote:
>>  =============================================================
>>   The (Interactive) Glasgow Haskell Compiler -- version 6.8.2
>>  =============================================================
>> The GHC Team is pleased to announce a new patchlevel release of GHC.
>> This release contains a number of bugfixes relative to 6.8.1,
>> including
>> some significant performance fixes, so we recommend upgrading.
> A binary distribution for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) is available from
>  http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/ghc-6.8.2-i386-apple-darwin.tar.bz2
> To use this binary distribution, you need to have "readline" from
> MacPorts installed.
> Manuel
> PS: This time around, there should be no dependency on MacPorts'
> "gmp", but this is hard for me to test locally.

I just updated the binary distribution at

It *definitely* does not require any version of GMP to be pre-
installed anymore.  All that is needed it MacPort's readline.

Ian, can you please update the binary on the download page?

PS: Moreover, binaries produced by the above compiler will run on any
Leopard box.