[Haskell] South African Computer Olympiad

Max Rabkin max.rabkin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 08:35:09 EST 2007

Hi Haskellers

We have just added support for GHC to the marking system for the South
African Computer Olympiad. Therefore, I would like to invite you to
join us for our public Training Camp tomorrow.

The primary purpose of the competition is to prepare the South African
squad for the International Olympiad in Informatics, but we are
opening it to the public, too.

The format of the competition is three problems over five hours, with
each solution consisting of a source file in C, C++, Java or Haskell,
which is compiled and executed against a set of test data on our
servers.

The contest will be held tomorrow (Saturday 15th) from 13:00 to 18:00
South African Standard Time (GMT+2). We will hold a discussion
afterwards in the #saco channel on the FreeNode IRC network. Email
queries to online-contest at olympiad.cs.uct.ac.za

You can find out more and register at http://olympiad.cs.uct.ac.za/contest.html

I apologise for the late notice: we have been affected by a
countrywide power shortage, with our server going down every couple of
days for the past week or two.

Hoping to see you there,
Max Rabkin