[Haskell] Summer of code Haddock complains about module "which is not loaded"

Mads Lindstrøm mads_lindstroem at yahoo.dk
Tue Aug 7 07:42:45 EDT 2007

Hi all

I am trying to use the summer of code version of haddock, which I got
from the Darcs repository.

I have two files:

Bar.hs:

	module Bar where

	-- |Some comment
	bar :: Int
	bar = 2

and Foo.hs:

	module Foo where

	import Bar

	-- |Some comment.
	foo :: Int
	foo = bar + 5

when I run haddock like:

> haddock -h -ohtml -B/usr/local/lib/ghc-6.7.20070729/ Foo.hs Bar.hs

it complains with:

	Warning: Cannot use package base:
	   HTML directory $topdir/share/ghc/doc/html/base does not exist.
	argument targets:
	Foo.hs
	Bar.hs
	all targets:
	Bar.hs
	Foo.hs

	Foo.hs:3:0:
	    attempting to use module `Bar' (Bar.hs) which is not loaded
	haddock: Failed to check all modules properly
	make: *** [doc] Fejl 1

Why is it Haddock cannot find the Bar module? After all I mention Bar.hs
in the invocation of haddock.

Greetings,

Mads Lindstrøm