[Haskell] ANN: Efficient, dynamically compiled, lazy functional semantics on JVM, having tight integration with the Java language

Luke Evans luke.evans at businessobjects.com
Thu Sep 28 05:20:35 EDT 2006

It could be for a subset of Haskell (probably a large one).  Haskell has
some features that CAL does not (many just syntactic sugar, some not) ­
we¹re actually working on a short paper to summarise the differences,
primarily for people on this list.  Even without a one-to-one
correspondence, this might work in many situations where special lower level
CAL could be generated in lieu of higher-level Haskell features.  Still, you
would probably be able to go a very long way with not much more than
straightforward syntax transformations. Of course, use of Haskell libraries
would either have to be mapped to CAL ones, or the Haskell library functions
converted themselves (with this treatment applied recursively to dependees).

Lwe