[Haskell] Haskell web forum

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 15:19:05 EDT 2006

> > i definitely think that to rise up Haskell popularity we need now to
> > create web forum.
>
> I disagree with this. I don't like web forums, I don't use web forums
> if I can avoid it. They're way more work than mailing lists.

And I disagree with you. I don't like mailing lists, and I don't use
them if I can avoid it. They're way more work than web forums. For the
end user at least, if perhaps not for the administrator. ;-)

It is much easier to keep conversations in context in a forum, and to
search for old conversations. It's all there, all the time. It is also
easy to create sub-groups/forums for specific projects, which will
both increase their accessibility for the rest of the community, and
draw the interest of new developers.

A mailing list will never be enough. A forum has way way more potential.

/Niklas