[Haskell] Haskell web forum

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 14:12:45 EDT 2006

Hello haskell,

i definitely think that to rise up Haskell popularity we need now to
create web forum. comparing to mail lists, it allows to faster
"include in communication" because all previous discussions are easily
available and simplifies participation for "strangers" that just have
several questions and don't want to subscribe/unsubscribe and setup
mail filters. moreover, participation in web forums requires less
technical knowledge and prevent spamming of mail address used

i heard that nowadays completed solutions available that need just to
install but i don't have experience of setting up and administering of
web forum. can anyone set up web forum on haskell.org server? i can
perform all user-level administration, wiping of spam messages and so on..

alternatively, is there a good place to set up "main" Haskell web
forum? from my POV, main requirements should be availability of
message base for archiving, and ability to create sub-forums. I plan
to create Russian section here, in order to help russian-speaking
developers to master Haskell

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                          mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com