[Haskell] How do I get a recent cabal for Windows?

Andreas Marth Andreas-Haskell at gmx.net
Fri Sep 8 08:05:54 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neil Mitchell" <ndmitchell at gmail.com>
To: "Andreas Marth" <Andreas-Haskell at gmx.net>
Cc: <haskell at haskell.org>
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 12:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Haskell] How do I get a recent cabal for Windows?

> Hi Andreas
>
> I found it really easy to install cabal from darcs, I put the
instructions:

> http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~ndm/projects/windows.php
>
> Basically, install GHC 6.4.2 - ignore all the "configure not found"
> messages, since they don't mean anything, then:
>
> darcs get --partial http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/Cabal
> cd Cabal
> ghc --make -cpp Setup -o setup.exe
> setup configure
> setup build
> setup install
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil

Does it meant to create a new cabal with the setup or should I always use
setup instead of runghc?
If I do the "setup configure" ... "setup install" in the Cabal directory I
get a new Cabal (1.1.5.9.2) but that chrases like the one created with
another cabal if used on a new Setup.lhs (in my case comlib or cabal). Why
do you create the setup.exe? Can I always do "ghc --make -cpp Setup -o
{libName}.exe"? Or can I copy the setup.exe (as cabalSetup.exe) in my PATH
and use this?

Thanks for your help,
Andreas