[Haskell] How to generate a dll?

Andreas Marth Andreas-Haskell at gmx.net
Thu Sep 7 11:38:09 EDT 2006

From: "Michael Marte" <marte at pms.informatik.uni-muenchen.de>
To: "Andreas Marth" <Andreas-Haskell at gmx.net>
Cc: <haskell at haskell.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 6:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Haskell] How to generate a dll?

> Andreas,
>
> I am using a DLL generated by ghc 6.4.2 in combination with Visual C++
> 2005. Some useful links:
>
> http://www.willus.com/mingw/yongweiwu_stdcall.html
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_mangling
>
> http://www.mingw.org/mingwfaq.shtml#faq-msvcdll
>
> What do you mean by "the resulting dll was not stable"?
>
> Michael

I meant that the dll crashed Excel wenn I stopped the debugging mode and
also if I used it in a VB-projekt it crahed that when stopped.
This happend with DLLs which had a Bool or Int as return or were only a sub.
If I tried to return a String (marshalled to CString) the dll just plain
crashed when called.

Thank you for the links. I am working through them and hope it will get
better.
Do I understand it right that I will get a dll that can be incorporated into
VB but is not a com-dll or is it a com dll just by being able to be called
from VB?

Thanks,
Andreas