[Haskell] installing streams library

Chad Scherrer chad.scherrer at gmail.com
Sat May 20 03:00:48 EDT 2006

Thanks, Bulat. I'm looking forward to trying it out this weekend.

Is there any indication what fast IO approach might work its way into
the standard libraries? It would be nice for idiomatic Haskell to be
really fast by default, and I'd love to be able to show off the language
shootout implications to coworkers.

Cabal doesn't seem obvious to me. Currently my uninformed point of view
is that the whole thing is too complicated to be worth the benefit it
provides. Since it generally seems popular, I'm guessing that means it's
either much simpler than it seems, or else the benefit provided is just
enormous. Can anyone point me to a sales pitch, or provide some
motivation for me to RTFM?

Thanks,

Chad