[Haskell] Speed of development/change? Re: Haskell as a disruptive technology?

Shae Matijs Erisson shae at ScannedInAvian.com
Mon Mar 27 09:46:38 EST 2006

Paul Johnson <paul at cogito.org.uk> writes:

> So I tried to summarise the Haskell "value proposition" compared to the
> incumbent languages.  Thats what it looks like to me, and I am not exactly
> ignorant on the subject, so I suggest we take it as a given for now and look
> at the real question:
>
> Is there a market that is poorly served by the incumbent languages for which
> Haskell would be an absolute godsend?

What about speed of development, and speed of change?

One of the pragmatic programmer guys recently suggested that software
development could become simple enough that you could have a dev on every
street corner. You'd walk down to the corner and ask for certain app, then get
it in a few hours.

Abstraction addiction can be a danger, but it also lets you put out working
code in a tiny amount of time, as well as later extend that code to add new
features in equally small amounts of time.

What if development time for new programs was measured in days not years?
--
I've tried to teach people autodidactism,                | ScannedInAvian.com
but it seems they always have to learn it for themselves.| Shae Matijs Erisson