[Haskell] Announcement: Bluespec, Inc. is seeking summer interns
ravi at bluespec.com
Tue Mar 7 17:03:10 EST 2006
Bluespec, Inc. is a hardware design startup based in Waltham,
Massachusetts that is building the next generation of Electronic Design
Automation (EDA) tools. Bluespec's toolset, which is based on functional
programming technology, delivers a high-level design and verification
environment to current Verilog and VHDL designers of ASICs and FPGAs.
Bluespec is the first high-level synthesis product that accelerates the
design cycle and reduces verification costs while retaining the ability
to deliver no-compromise hardware. Bluespec's technical team includes
the noted programming-language luminaries Rishiyur Nikhil and Joe Stoy.
Join Bluespec and be part of what's next in silicon design!
For further details, please visit our website: www.bluespec.com
Full-time (40 hrs/week) during the summer of 2006.
Roles and responsibilities
Potential internship projects include:
- Developing new language and tool features for the Bluespec synthesis
engine, simulator and/or source-level GUI debugger
- Creating hardware design benchmarks for synthesis and simulation
- Designing and validating hardware design flows that include Bluespec
and third-party EDA tools
Interns will learn about cutting-edge approaches in hardware design and
verification and will also gain experience with functional programming
in a commercial context.
- Currently enrolled in a BS/MS/PhD program with Computer Science or
Electrical Engineering as a major
- Strong programming background with a wide variety of languages
(languages of specific interest include Haskell, C, Tcl/Tk and Perl)
- Functional programming experience strongly preferred
- Hardware design experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Linux/UNIX/Windows
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Verilog/VHDL/SystemVerilog/SystemC is a plus
- Knowledge of current EDA products is a plus
The number of internship slots is limited so applicants should send
resumes to skp at bluespec.com (Sathyam Pattanam, VP Engineering) or
careers at bluespec.com (Human Resources) as soon as possible.
- Ravi Nanavati
P.S. Bluespec, Inc. is also seeking full-time software engineers. Please
see http://www.bluespec.com/about/SWEngineers.htm for more information.
More information about the Haskell