[Haskell] Problems compiling hs-plugins

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Mar 5 05:41:55 EST 2006

Hi Ben,

Yes, I did what dons recommended and copied the Typeable.h from
ghc-6.4.1 to make it compile with ghc-6.5, however in the end I couldn't
get all the hIDE plugins to load with hs-plugins anyway (even though
they would all load in ghci).

So what I did in the end is to do a static build of hIDE. That is to
have a main module that just directly imports all the plugins and calls
their initialisation routines in dependency order. Until we have a
reliable plugin loading system I think this is the way to go. It makes
it much easier to build.

But yes, you still have to use the ghc.hide and gtk2hs.hide darcs repos.
These are both development snapshots that work with hIDE.

Duncan