[Haskell] translating Haskell into theorem provers

Till Mossakowski till at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Wed Mar 1 04:42:11 EST 2006

There is a prototype translation of Haskell to Isabelle/HOL and
Isabelle/HOLCF written by Paolo Torrini. Unlike the Programatica
translation, it uses a shallow encoding of the type system. Constructor
classes (not available in Isabelle) are translated using theory
morphisms. Programatica is used for parsing and type checking.

The translation is part of the heterogeneous tool set (Hets) [1],
but currently works only in a standalone version, called h2hf. You can
compile h2hf from the Hets sources with "make h2hf". Since there is
interest, we will provide a website with binaries, explanation and
examples soon.

Greetings,
Till

[1] http://www.tzi.de/cofi/hets