[Haskell] Modelling languages for FP (like UML for OO)

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Thu Jan 19 08:16:37 EST 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Mads [ISO-8859-1] Lindstrøm wrote:

> Hi all
> In object-oriented programming, UML is used to model programs. In
> functional programming (especially Haskell) we use ???

Haskell :-)

> I am mainly interested in the macro level. That is modules, classes,
> class instances, ... Not in modellering the internals of a function.

I tend to just write the equivalent haskell code with the function
definitions left out. I suspect the only thing that can really be gained
with a more graphical language is drawing dependancy lines between
modules and the like - though I was never big on the formalised modelling
languages in the first place, so I may not be the best person to conclude

flippa at flippac.org

Sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire. Most
of the time you just get burnt worse though.