[Haskell] Haskell Weekly News: January 16, 2006

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Jan 18 00:41:57 EST 2006

bulatz:
> Hello Donald,
>
> Monday, January 16, 2006, 3:37:33 AM, you wrote:
>

> DBS>      * Arrays. Bulat Ziganshin [7]wrote an interesting RFC on the various
> DBS>        Haskell array interfaces.
>
> DBS>    7. http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.general/12992
>
> imho, the following will be more descriptive:
>
> "Haskell'98 library report contains only basic Array implementation.
> Now the Standard Hierarchical Libraries, shipped with modern versions
> of GHC, Hugs and NHC, includes much richer arrays library. Bulat Ziganshin
> started wiki page describing how to use this new arrays library:
>
> 7. http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.general/12992
> 8. http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Arrays
>
> can you also update HWN archive to include this description? i'm
> asking this because HWN, imho, is a best place to "watch" over Haskell
> world, or to read by beginners to find out more information about
> Haskell, and therefore i consider HWN archives as an important
> resource for anyone starting to learn language

Done. This text will appear in the next issue.

I'd like to encourage anyone who would like specific text to appear
regarding a release or other noteworthy item,  to submit that text to me
via email, or as a darcs patch to the prep.html file in the HWN repository.

    http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/code/hwn/

-- Don