[Haskell] haskell.org Simple Permissive License

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Thu Jan 12 17:28:02 EST 2006

I'm sorry this is dragging on so long. It seems public domain is hard,
both in the U.S. and in certain European jurisdictions. And people want
a disclaimer.

I did come across the MIT license, which may be close.
<http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php>
Here is my non-expert attempt to adapt it, removing the condition, and
changing "Software" to "Work":

"Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
this work (the "Work"), to deal in the Work without restriction,
including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge,
publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Work, and to
permit persons to whom the Work is furnished to do so.

"THE WORK IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL
THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR
OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE,
ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE WORK OR THE USE OR OTHER
DEALINGS IN THE WORK."