[Haskell] Re: haskell.org Public Domain

Scott Turner p.turner at computer.org
Thu Jan 12 06:22:34 EST 2006

On 2006 January 11 Wednesday 18:52, Ashley Yakeley wrote:
> How about this one (from
> <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Donate_to_the_public_domain>)?
>
> "I, the creator of this work, hereby release it into the public domain.
> This applies worldwide.
>
> "In case this is not legally possible:
>
> "I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any
> conditions, unless such conditions are required by law."

That looks very good.

I wonder, though, whether adding a disclaimer is needed. If you take the "by"
out of the Creative Commons license, as ajb suggested, then the major feature
remaining is the disclaimer. Along with that is verbiage which makes the
license much longer in order to require that the license remains associated
with the "work".