[Haskell] New look for haskell.org: MediaWiki (now: Drupal)

Gour list at atmarama.org
Tue Jan 10 11:37:55 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 12:51 -0500, John Peterson wrote:

> The reason that MediaWiki was installed on haskell.org is that people
> that know how to install and use MediaWiki (Ashley and others)
> volunteered to do all the work.

That's fair.

> If we want to move up to Drupal we need someone that is willing to install, maintain,
> and transfer content.  If this is something you want to do let me know.

Well, I consider more important to first decide resolve about "why"
rather than "how" ("When there is a will, there is a way." :-) i.e. do
we need/want CMS like Drupal or not. Then, I'm sure we can sort out how
to install it. I personally install some older Drupal on my localhost,
but I'm ready to help (both wiki & CMS has to be maintained).

By looking at Drupal's site I've noticed that DocBook export module will
be in 4.7 (atm in beta3.) and if you check
http://drupal.org/handbook/modules/book it sounds interesting (there was
lot of talk to e.g. keep DocBook format for GHC).

And, as I wrote earlier, CMS brings forums and some other features, it's
not just more powered-wiki, so let's decide if we want it...

> MediaWiki addresses many of the issues we've had with haskell.org but
> it isn't meant to be the only possible way forward.

I'm just sorry seeing that lot of time is already invested in
transferring the content...

Sincerely,
Gour