[Haskell] ANN: HDBC (Haskell Database Connectivity)

Krasimir Angelov kr.angelov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 18:08:47 EST 2006

2005/12/21, John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the first alpha release (I could call it a
> "developer's preview", but then I don't wear a suit) of HDBC.
>
> HDBC is the Haskell Database Connectivity library.  It is patterned
> after Perl's DBI.  I wrote it from scratch -- this is not a
> reimplementation of HSQL -- because several design decisions in HSQL
> have been causing me trouble.

Hi John Goerzen,

I wonder which design decisions are causing you troubles. Could you
explain this? All features which you mentioned can be added easily to
HSQL as well. It is better to share the effort on single library
rather than to have multiple similar libraries. I am willing to work
on HSQL improvement.

Cheers,
  Krasimir