[Haskell] MGS 2006

Graham Hutton gmh at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Thu Feb 16 06:51:51 EST 2006

[ This graduate school is likely to be of interest to the
Haskell community, and in particular includes a course on
Advanced Functional Programming - Graham Hutton ]

Midlands Graduate School 2006 in the Foundations of Computing

   http://www.cs.le.ac.uk/~mgs2006

The Midlands Graduate School is taking place

  8 - 12 April 2006 at the University of Leicester, UK.

The School provides an intensive course of lectures on the Foundations
of Computing. It is very well established, having run annually for the
past six years, and has always proved a popular and successful event.
This year we have Luke Ong, Oxford University and Thomas Streicher,
Darmstadt University as guest lecturers.

The lectures are aimed at graduate students, typically in their first
or second year of study for a PhD. However, the school is open to
anyone who is interested in learning more about mathematical computing
foundations, and we especially invite participants from UK
universities and from sites participating in the APPSEM working group.

Foundational courses:

R Crole       Leicester       Operational Semantics
P Levy        Birmingham      Typed Lambda Calculus
D Pattinson   Leicester       Category Theory

Advanced courses:

T Altenkirch  Nottingham      Quantum Programming
M Escardo     Birmingham      Operational Domain Theory & Topology
H Nilsson     Nottingham      Advanced Functional Programming
L Ong         Oxford          Game Semantics
T Streicher   Darmstadt       Constructive Logic
E Tuosto      Leicester       Concurrency

We expect to have some grants for UK students, while APPSEM funds can
be used to support students from APPSEM affiliated sites.

For further details and registration please visit

   http://www.cs.le.ac.uk/~mgs2006

Please register soon! Places and accommodation will be allocated on a
first-come, first-serve basis.

Roy Crole
Alexander Kurz
Dirk Pattinson

| Dr Graham Hutton                     Email : gmh at cs.nott.ac.uk      |
| School of Computer Science and IT    Web   : www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~gmh |
| University of Nottingham                                            |
| Jubilee Campus, Wollaton Road                                       |
| Nottingham NG8 1BB                   Phone : +44 (0)115 951 4220    |
| United Kingdom                       Fax   : +44 (0)115 951 4254    |