[Haskell] Beautiful concurrency with a Christmas flaour

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Dec 22 09:35:58 EST 2006

Dear Haskellers

I've been writing a modest chapter for a book edited by Greg Wilson called "Beautiful code".  In the end I decided to write about concurrency and transactional memory.  If you'd like to have a look at my first draft, go here
       http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Talk:SantaClausProblem

I would welcome constructive suggestions for improvement. The book is aimed at a general audience of programmers, not Haskell geeks, so I have tried to explain everything necessary as I go along.  So if you are not a Haskell expert, your input would be particularly valuable to me.

Happy Christmas

Simon