[Haskell] ANN: vty 1.0: simple terminal interface library
stefanor at cox.net
Mon Dec 18 18:13:44 EST 2006
Announcing vty, a very simple terminal interface library.
In <150 non-blank non-comment lines of Haskell (and 7 lines of C) vty
* Automatic handling of suspend/resume (SIGTSTP+SIGCONT)
* Automatic handling of window resizes
* Automatic computation of minimal differences
* Minimizes repaint area, thus virtually eliminating the flicker
problem that plagues ncurses programs
* Automatically decodes keyboard keys into (key,[modifier]) tuples
* Automatically supports refresh on Ctrl-L.
* Automatically supports timeout after 50ms for lone ESC (a barely
* Interface is designed for relatively easy compatible extension.
* No current support for non-ANSI terminals.
* Minimal support for special keys on terminals other than the
linux-console. (F1-5 and arrow keys should work, but anything
shifted isn't likely to.)
* Uses the TIOCGWINSZ ioctl to find the current window size, which
appears to be limited to Linux and *BSD.
darcs get --tag=rel-1.0 http://members.cox.net/stefanor/vty
To compile the demonstration program: ghc --make Test.hs gwinsz.c
More information about the Haskell