[Haskell] The Monad.Reader call for copy

Wouter Swierstra wss at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Tue Dec 12 06:38:37 EST 2006

It's still not too late to write something for the next issue of The
Monad.Reader! We have a nice issue slowly shaping up, but your
contribution is still very welcome.

* The Monad.Reader *

There are a large number of conferences and journals that accept
research papers related to Haskell; unfortunately, the platform for
non-academic publications is far less developed. This is where The
Monad.Reader fits in.

I believe that there are lots of people on these mailing lists that
have plenty of ideas that might not be suitable for the the Haskell
Workshop, for instance, but are nonetheless worth writing about.
Sometimes such ideas end up as posts on a Haskell mailing list;
sometimes they get posted on personal blogs; sometimes they disappear
altogether. A lot of e-mails to these mailing lists deserve a more
lasting place.

* Submission Details *

Get in touch with me if you intend to submit something -- the sooner
you let me know what you're up to, the better.

Please submit articles for the next issue by e-mail (wss at
cs.nott.ac.uk) to me before

   **January 19th, 2007** .

Articles should be written according to the guidelines available from

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/TheMonadReader

Please submit your article PDF format.

If you would like to submit an article, but have trouble with LaTeX
please let me know and we'll sort something out.

After a bit of deliberation, I decided it may be best to ask authors
to make their source .tex source files available under a BSD license.
This seems to "play nice" with other licenses; the originally
proposed Creative Commons license caused some trouble.

All the best,

   Wouter