[Haskell] Read Instances for Data.Map and Data.Set

Christian Maeder maeder at tzi.de
Thu Oct 20 04:18:23 EDT 2005

Georg Martius wrote:
> Anyway since there was no response to S. Alexander Jacobson post [1], I
> decided to write these instances at least for GHC in the style of the other
> instances in GHC.Read.

Who feels responsible for including something into Data.Set and Data.Map
(recently I've proposed a change for Set.intersection and others also
made suggestions)?

The Read instances should be in "their" modules (to avoid "orphans").
But Set and Map should also remain "portable"!

> import GHC.Read

This module isn't even listed under
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/index.html

Cheers Christian

Simon, clicking on any module does not work, currently

Not Found

The requested URL
/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/base/Control.Arrow.html was not found on
this server.
Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at www.haskell.org Port 80