[Haskell] Re: PROPOSAL: class aliases

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Fri Oct 14 06:38:19 EDT 2005

In article <20051013000040.GD14100 at momenergy.repetae.net>,
 John Meacham <john at repetae.net> wrote:

> This is a proposal for a language extension which will hopefully mitigate the
> issues holding back evolution of the standard prelude as well as provide
> useful class abstraction capabilities in general.

I've certainly been wanting a solution to this problem for a long time.
Haskell needs to get past the Prelude compatibly. I've already explored
a lot of ways the classes might be improved with HBase, but right now
it's a whole other world incompatible with the standard Prelude.

Basically if it lets me do Functor => Idiom => Monad, and still compile
earlier code, I'm for it.

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA