[Haskell] Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: Interest in helping w/ Haskell standard

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Fri Oct 14 03:11:16 EDT 2005

Hello Stephane,

SB> As someone who is not an academic researcher and not a student in CS,
SB> I would like to express a personal opinion; we don't need a new
SB> standard. To me, Haskell needs more libraries, more users (which means
SB> more debugging and more documentations), more implementations, of
SB> course more real applications (darcs did a lot of the success of
SB> Haskell), so we can read their code, push sysadmins to install
SB> Haskell, etc.

i put just the same opinion 1-2 months ago :)))  but i got answer that
current Haskell standard are too restrictive and ALL real programs use
extensions. we need to standartize these de facto used extensions in
order to simplify constructing of libraries and teaching language in
universities/courses. we must explicitly declare the language really
used in 2005, which is far away from the language used in 1998

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com