[Haskell] PROPOSAL: class aliases

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Wed Oct 12 20:14:19 EDT 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, John Meacham wrote:

> ideally we would want to split it up like so (but with more mathematically
> precise names):

Might it also be reasonable to provide less mathematical names for some
classes, and possibly allow users to let the compiler know which ones they
find more readable? A lot of users would find Mappable more intuitive than
Functor for example, and the improved error messages might make it more
practical to call fmap map again.

flippa at flippac.org

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recomendations.
Ivanova is God.
And, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!